What is a detox juice cleanse?
A detox juice cleanse is when you only eat vegetables and drink juice and water for about two to three days. This gives your liver and digestive system time to detox.
Benefits of Detox Juicing
- Weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Improves skin
- Flushes out toxins
- Feeds good bacteria in your gut
Sample 3 day Juice Cleanse
The following table includes an outline of what you should be drinking and eating during a 3-day juice cleanse:
NOTE: When choosing a salad dressing, use only vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil if it is needed!
- Vegetables choices should include broccoli or asparagus.
- Avoid all breads, dairy, and meat throughout the 3-day cleanse.
- The best nuts to snack on are soaked almonds.
- Keep your exercise light and moderate mostly on day 1!
TIP: Feel free to add in Wheat Grass to your morning or early afternoon juice and water as well 🙂
The options are endless when choosing a juice recipe! For some inspiration, check out this link for some recipes. But always remember to try to keep the vegetable to fruit ratio at 80:20 for each juice!
Remember that cleansing is NOT just about weight loss! It is about cleaning your body of unwanted toxins that bog down our systems and leave you lethargic. Focus on cleaning up your body, which is lead to cleaner eating habits afterwards and for life! This is a lifestyle CHOICE.
Shanon McMillan | Personal Trainer
Core Shots Fitness